#TreasuredTruth #287Of366 #RawderKidulaKedaha
As far as gifts and talents are concerned, are you confident about the specific gifts God has endowed on you? The Bible says that ‘Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.’ 1 Peter 4:10. Paul also says in Ephesians 4:11 that God gave different gifts to different people. ‘He gave some to be apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, shepherds and teachers;’
Here are four facts about spiritual gifts:
1. Every believer has a spiritual gift; no one has been left out.
2. Your gift is different from everyone else’s. Even if you are all teachers, your gifting is different.
3. Your gift is to be used to help and serve other people
4. Some gifts are noticeable and others are not, but all of them matter.
5. Your gift is meant to glorify God
Peter says ‘Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others,’ (1 Peter 4:10) God has trusted us with these spiritual gifts to advance His kingdom. Every single gift is needed; it comes from God to you, then from you to the body of Christ. Have you stopped the cycle? Are you ashamed or ignorant about the gifts God has given you? Are you envious of others’ noticeable gifts that appear to be better?
The body of Christ needs your gift to thrive. Unwrap it and let it shine through the hearts of those around you. It is not too small, it is not useless. Today I pray that God will reveal to us the spiritual gifts in us and give us the wisdom and grace to use them unashamedly for the advancement of His kingdom.